magda

Magda's Books

Magic Slays -  Ilona Andrews I love Kate Daniels. This book/series kicks ass because:1- Kate is a kick ass heroine. She doesn't take crap from anyone. Curran is a kick ass hero. He doesn't take crap from anyone. Together, they are powerful, and don't take crap from anyone; least of all each other. 2- They are in a relationship & it hasn't detracted from the overall quality of the books/story/plot. Yes, they're committed but they don't have to get mushy with each other. They are still their own person. 3- The world that Andrews has created is awesome. Magic waves & tech eras, love it. 4- Great sidekicks. I would read any story (and could completely see a spin off or novellas) from any of the other characters. Would pick up anything with Andrea, Jim, Jennifer, Derek, Julie, etc. 5- Although there is violence/action there is still levity in the books. It's nice to have a little pick me up or smart ass comment after serious/gruesome events. If you haven't read this series, do so. NOW. It took me a bit to get into the story/world in book #1 but once everything fell into place (around 1/2 way through book #1) it was hard to put these books down. I see Andrews has 2 more KD books under contract. I could easily see her crank out 3 more with The Order, Hugh, and Rolan. I do hope there will be more, though.